Gifts from generous alumni and friends not only support Syracuse University's day-to-day operations, they are the very foundation of SU's future. Because we take our responsibility to be good stewards seriously, it's important for us to understand how you would like your gift to be used, so we can apply it according to your wishes.
Do you want to make a significant gift during your lifetime, or would a gift as part of your estate work better? Do you have a particular asset you're thinking of donating? Do you want to increase your retirement income? Or is your primary goal estate preservation? Are you carrying excess life insurance or a large balance in your retirement plan?
We're happy to work with you and your advisors to help you create the gift plan that works best for your goals and dreams. Here are some places to start as you consider your options:
- Travel through the Legacy Planner to help you decide what plan will best meet your needs.
- Click here to see what options will meet your particular situation.
- Use the following guide to help you weigh your options.
- Give now, or give later?
- What assets to give?
- How can a gift pay me back?
- What are my choices in life income gifts?
- My goal is to keep my estate intact, not increase my income ...
The material presented in this web site is not offered as legal or tax advice. You are urged to seek the advice of your tax advisor, attorney, and/or financial planner to make certain the gift you are considering fits into your overall circumstances and planning.