Charitable Gift Annuity
How It Works
- You transfer cash or securities to Syracuse University.
- Syracuse University pays you and/or one other beneficiary you name fixed income for life.
- The remaining balance passes to Syracuse University when the contract ends at the death of the last beneficiary.
- Beneficiaries must be at least 55 at the time of the gift.
- Our minimum gift requirement is $10,000.
- If your annuity is established with securities, a portion of your annuity may be free of capital-gains tax.
- Receive dependable, fixed income for life in return for your gift.
- In many cases, increase the yield you are currently receiving from stocks or CDs.
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your gift.
- If your annuity is established with securities, a portion of your annuity payment may be free of capital-gains tax.
Sample rates for a 70-year-old establishing a single life $10,000 CGA with cash
|Immediate Payment CGA||Deferred Payment CGA|
|Age Payments Begin||70||75|
The material presented in this web site is not offered as legal or tax advice. You are urged to seek the advice of your tax advisor, attorney, and/or financial planner to make certain the gift you are considering fits into your overall circumstances and planning.