Gifts From Your Will or Trust
How it works
- Include a bequest to Syracuse University in your will or trust. (Here's sample bequest language.)
- Make your bequest unrestricted or direct it to a specific purpose.
- Indicate a specific amount, or a percentage of the balance remaining in your estate or trust.
- Please be sure to tell us about your gift so we can thank you and ensure we understand how you would like your gift used in the future.
- Your assets remain in your control during your lifetime.
- You can modify your bequest to address changing circumstances.
- You can direct your bequest to a particular purpose (be sure to check with us to make sure your gift can be used as intended).
- Under current tax law there is no upper limit on the estate tax deduction for your charitable bequests.
- More detail about gifts from your will or trust.
- Frequently asked questions about gifts from your will or trust.
- Please contact us so we can assist you though the process and ensure we understand how you would like your gift to be used.
The material presented in this web site is not offered as legal or tax advice. You are urged to seek the advice of your tax advisor, attorney, and/or financial planner to make certain the gift you are considering fits into your overall circumstances and planning.